Saturday, July 6, 2013
Passion Project
I always had a passion for helping people and I've always been an animal lover. I was excited about Brazil because I've always thought of the exotic animals in Brazil. One day, when I was in 4th grade, I looked up endangered animals in Brazil. The number of different names of animal species was crazy. Then, a website caught my eyes. I clicked on it. There was a picture of a bird called the Hyacinth macaw. 15 years ago the species was down to only 1,500 birds left. Then, a lady set up an project to try and save the species. She successfully helped save 3,500 macaws. This interested me and so I did a lot of things to raise money. My friends and I did a bake sale (we raised 355 reais). My passion helped me learn more about Brazil in a way. It was/is really fun to discover more about the species.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment